Subject: Re: pvr and par explain please.
From: Merle Ilgenfritz <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 10:45:37 -0500

At 02:03 AM 12/12/95 -0500, you wrote:
>I don't quite understandand the exact function and make up of pvr and
>par cards.  If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.  I
>realize that they are a way to out put 24 bit images but what exactly
>are they doing?

David;

The PVR is a digital playback card. It allows you to take still
frames or a sequence of frames at 24 bit and play them back at
30 frames per second (fps) and record them to video.

It has composite, Y/C and Component inputs/outputs which allows
you to connect to most tape decks at most quality levels
(VHS, 8 mm and up)

It has a dedicated hard drive controller that is SCSI-2 and allows
you to connect up to 7 dedicated drives to the card for storage,
with a capacity of over 63 gigs using the 9 gig drives that are
certified to work with it. You can only use certified drives
with this card. The big advantage is that since the controller is dedicated
to the card you get higher data transfer speeds (translation -
better picture quality).

In order to capture live video to the drive you must buy the daughter
capturecard.

You need a PCI based motherboard that has a CPU that is not placed in the way
of installing the card (since the PVR is a full length PCI card)

The card works in PCI based Alpha systems also and comes in a PAL version as
well.

There are a couple non-linear editing packages available that work with the 
PVR as well.

If you need specs (and pricing) send me private e-mail....

I hope this answers your question!

:)

*********************************************************************
*                                                                   *
*                          Merle Ilgenfritz                         *
*                             President                             *
*                           Wild Eyed Video                         *
*      80 Grant Drive, North Kingstown, RI  02852-3614  U.S.A.      *
*          Voice #: (401) 294-4070   Fax #: (401) 294-4070          *
*                                                                   *
*  Dealer for Amiga, Dec Alpha, PC Systems - Hardware and Software  *
*                                                                   *
*********************************************************************